We invite you to private tour of the holy place St. Prokop, the monastery at Sazava founded in the 11th century, then on to castle Český Šternberk, still in the same hands for 20 generations. Lunch in pub U Kosů, fairytale Žleby Castle and the tour continues to Sedlec ossuary.
- Visit the former monastery and place of pilgrimage of St. Prokop at Sázava
- See the skeletons of some 40,000 people at the Sedlec Ossuary
- Marvel at the fairytale towers and turrets of Chateau Žleby
- Enjoy a traditional Czech lunch at a local restaurant
- Tour the decorative interiors of Český Šternberk Castle
- Discover a remarkable collection of historic guns, stained glass, and furniture
- Enjoy a private trip for a great price
Duration 10 hours
Escape the hustle and bustle of Prague on a full-day tour of Central Bohemia, departing the city center at 09:00 for a 1-hour drive to the former monastery of Sazava.
Built in 1032, then burnt down by the Hussites, revived in the 16th century, and rebuilt in a baroque style in the 17th century, the monastery was finally abolished by Joseph II in the 19th century and rebuilt as a Pseudo-Renaissance chateau. Marvel at the different architectural styles, before going to Český Šternberk Castle.
Located in the village of Český Šternberk, the castle has dominated the landscape for more than 760 years. Rebuilt several times over the centuries, it boasts remarkably decorative interiors that take you through time, from the Rococo to the Biedermeier, Empire style and Baroque.
Next, enjoy a traditional Czech lunch at U Kosů Restaurant.
Continue to Chateau Žleby, and marvel at is fairytale towers and turrets. See a remarkable collection of antiquities, including historic guns, glassware, porcelain and ceramics, stained glass, and furniture from the Renaissance to the 20th century.
End at Sedlec Ossuary, and see the skeletons of more than 40,000 people artistically arranged in the chapel beneath the Cemetery Church of All Saints.
Transfer back to Prague for an estimated drop off at around 19:00.
PRICE of the trip 114,- EUR / pers (adult 16 – 80 ) ( 04,10 Sat, Sun )
PRICE of the trip 103,- EUR / pers (child 6 – 15 ) ( 04,10 Sat, Sun )
PRICE of the trip 186,- EUR / pers (adult 16 – 80) ( 04,10 Tue – Fri ) *
PRICE of the trip 186,- EUR / pers (child 6 – 15) ( 04,10 Tue – Fri ) *
– less and more than 4 persons – individual calculation
– If you require a guide, specify it and we will prepare individual price calculation.
- On all the sights local guides are available and if they can’t speak in your requested language, prepared texts in your language will be provided. And of course, we will provide basic information about the trip, sights, and the Czech Republic in written form, possibly accompanied by audio recordings.
Klášter Sázava http://www.klaster-sazava.cz/fotogalerie/fotogalerie-i/
Hrad Český Šternberk http://www.hradceskysternberk.cz/hrad-okoli.php
Hrad Český Šternberk http://www.hradceskysternberk.cz/hrad-expozice.php
Kostnice Sedlec http://ossuary.eu/index.php/cz/fotogalerie-kostnice
Katedrála Sedlec http://ossuary.eu/index.php/cz/fotogalerie
Kostel Sv. Jakuba http://ossuary.eu/index.php/cz/fotogalerie-jakub